Cardiac Center & Cath Lab
- The Department of Cardiology at Charak Memorial Hospital offers comprehensive, multi-disciplinary programs for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of various Heart conditions. We are a tertiary care center equipped with Cath lab and cutting-edge technology to offer cardiac care program to our patients. Emergency and decisive coronary artery, angioplasty, angiography procedure is readily available.
Typical procedures performed include:
- electrocardiogram (ECG) and exercise tests to measure heart function
- echocardiograms (ultrasound scan of the heart)
- scans of the carotid artery in your neck to determine stroke risk
- 24-hour blood pressure tests
- insertion of pacemakers
- cardiac catheterisation (coronary angiography) to see if there are any blocks in your arteries.